California Privacy Notice for Customer Related Personal Information Exclusively for Sakata customers, suppliers, growers & partners
Last updated: July 1, 2020
This section describes how Sakata handles the Personal Information of California residents (“you,” “your,” “yours”) to the extent that: (1) we collect and process such information in the context of providing services and selling goods (hereinafter, Customer Related Personal Information); and (2) the obligations imposed by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) apply to such data. This section also notifies you of our collection practices regarding such Personal Information and describes your rights under the CCPA.
Capitalized terms not defined in this section shall have the meaning provided to them by CCPA
Notice at Collection
We collect the following categories of Customer Related Personal Information from you:
- Identifiers: We collect identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifiers, online identifier, Internet Protocol address (see “internet activity” below), email address, and account name.
- Internet /electronic network activity: When you browse our sites or otherwise interact with us online, we may collect browsing history, search history, and other information regarding your interaction with our sites, application or advertisements.
- Customer Records: We collect Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) such as name, signature, description, address, telephone number, bank account number, or other financial information. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law: In some circumstances, we may collect information that is considered protected under California or federal law such as age or information related to medical conditions but only when that information is relevant for our business purposes (e.g. in relation to a promotion we are offering or to ensure the safety of visitors to our facilities.) We abide by the legal requirements imposed under applicable law in regard to such information.
- Sensory data: In some circumstances, we collect audio information (e.g. records of calls made through our systems when call recording is activated), electronic and visual information (e.g. recordings from security cameras), or similar information.
- Geolocation data: If you use interact with, we may gain access to the approximate location of the device or equipment you are using. If you visit or facilities, we may keep record of the fact that you visited, the location visited, and the day/time.
- Biometrical data: Generally speaking, we do not collect biometric data such as DNA data, fingerprints, voice prints, retina scans, or face scans but we may collect data from which biometric data could be derived (such as voice recordings, and pictures.)
- Commercial Information: We collect commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Professional or employment related data: Because most of our customers are businesses and we often collect from their professional data such as job title, office location, and company contact information (email, telephone, etc.)
- Inferences: We may draw inferences from other information we collect about you. For example, if you are a client, we may create a client profile reflecting our understanding of your personal preferences.
Sakata uses the Customer Related Personal Information collected for operational purposes or other business purposes as described in our Privacy Notice. We do not sell Personal Information, nor do we authorize third parties to use your Personal Information for their own purposes unless you direct us to do so. Examples of how we may use Customer Related Personal Information include:
- For our internal efforts to operate and improve our business.
- For advertising and marketing purposes.
- For our general administrative purposes.
- For social-media engagement.
- For security purposes, as necessary to help us protect against, identify, or investigate fraud or other criminal activity.
- For other legal purposes, if we have a legal obligation, or need to pursue or defend against legal claims, for which we need to process your information.
- For communication purposes, to get in touch with you in connection with any of the reasons listed above.
Collection and sharing practices in the last twelve (12) months
In the last twelve (12) months we have collected Customer Related Personal Information for all of the categories outlined in the Notice at Collection section above.
We collected such information from the sources described in our Privacy Notice. For example, we have collected Customer Related Personal Information:
- Directly from our customers, suppliers, growers & partners (for example, information provided through the Site, hardcopy forms, or other communications with us).
- From consumers’ activity on the Site (for example, Site visit information collected directly or through third-party analytics providers).
- From a device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or IP address.
- From interaction through social media
We have shared Customer Related Personal Information for our operational purposes or other business purposes as described in our Privacy Notice. We do not sell Personal Information nor do we authorize third parties to use your Personal Information for their own purposes unless you direct us to do so. The types of entities with which we have shared Customer Related Personal information include:
- Service providers
- Other members of the Sakata group
- Governmental entities (where we are under a duty to disclose or as required to protect our rights or the rights of others).
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- Other third parties as necessary to provide services to our clients
Your rights under California law
If you are a resident of the State of California, you have the following rights as provided under CCPA:
Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose to you: (1) the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you; (2) the categories of Personal Information collected or shared; (3) the purposes for which we collected or shared your Personal Information; (4) the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed personal information about you.
Right to delete: You have the right to request deletion of the Personal Information about you that we have received from you. As a general rule, we must delete the Personal Information at your request and require our vendors to do so as well. However, the law provides certain exceptions that allow us to retain the information even if you have requested that it be deleted. If we do not erase the information pursuant to one of those exceptions we must inform you of that fact and of any rights you may have to appeal our decision. Information on how to submit a request to us is provided below.
Right to opt-out of sales (opt-in for minors): Not applicable since, as indicated above, we do not sell your Personal Information.
Right against discrimination: California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Please note that your CCPA rights are subject to certain conditions and exceptions, such as limitations on your right to know based on our compliance with evidentiary privileges recognized under California Law (including attorney-client privilege) and exceptions to your right to erase under Cal. Civ. Code Sec. 1798.105(d). Please also know that information received in the context of business to business communications is partially excluded from CCPA.
How California Residents Can Submit Requests
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by utilizing one of the following methods:
- Call us at +1 888 594 8852
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a request here
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Sakata cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity (or authority to make the request) and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Submitting a Request
Please click here to submit a request through this website.
Please click here to download a form (PDF) with instructions on how to submit your request.